Sat, Nov 25|
2023 Annual General Meeting
Come to this year's AGM and catch up with the TEAM! Only TEAM members in good standing (dues not in arrears, joined before October 27, 2023) may vote at the AGM.
Time & Location
Nov 25, 2023, 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Vancouver, 1407 Laburnum St, Vancouver, BC V6J 3W4, Canada
About the event
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TEAM for A Livable Vancouver Association, a B.C. Society incorporated August 24, 2021
TO: The members of TEAM for A Livable Vancouver Association (the “Association”)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the Societies Act of British Columbia and the Bylaws of the Association, that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held on Saturday, November 25th from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Billy Bishop Legion (upstairs), 1407 Laburnum Street, Vancouver, B.C. Doors will open at 3:15pm for check-in.
1. Determination of quorum; declaration by Chair that the meeting is duly constituted
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of the minutes of the 2022 AGM (read here)
4. Receive directors’ report on the financial information of the Association
5. Receive any other reports of directors’ activities and decisions since last AGM
6. Receive report of nomination committee to consider new prospective directors.*
[Our bylaw 4.2 (4) provides for a nomination for director being made from the floor by another member who has been in good standing for 120 days, that is, since July 23, 2023.]
7. Election of three directors for three-year terms
8. New business, if any
9. Termination of meeting
Please stay after the business of the meeting has concluded for members’ discussion of city political trends and TEAM opportunities. Your board directors will listen and answer questions.
Only members in good standing may vote. Members in good standing are those who joined TEAM prior to October 26, 2023 and whose annual dues are not in arrears. [Per our bylaw 2.5 b) (2), lapsed members may restore their good standing and vote at the AGM provided they renew by Thursday, November 23.] Proxy voting is not permitted under the Association’s bylaws.
Members attending are asked to RSVP by Thursday, November 23.
DATED the 15th day of November, 2023.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
S J. (Sal) Robinson
* The Nominating Committee proposes Chris Johnson, Stephen Mikicich and Ward Stirrat as Directors for the 2023 - 2026 term. Read about them here.
Saturday evening at the Billy Bishop Legion a traditional roast beef dinner is served, from 5:30 to 7pm, with live entertainment to follow. Advance reservations are vital! Call 604-738-4142.