Finance & Administration
Our Promise to You
Livable cities require sustainable and transparent financial models that reflect meaningful input from residents and businesses. TEAM will improve affordability by spending as carefully as you do.
How We Will Get There
Administrative efficiency and strong financial management are key to managing the City of Vancouver. Investing your tax dollars in programs and services that focus on core mandates is the best way to provide the highest value to residents and taxpayers. TEAM respects the hard work that goes into the tax dollars you provide to the City, and is committed to:
- Ensuring residents and businesses are getting the value they deserve from their municipal tax dollars
- Limiting tax increases to what is necessary to maintain services at levels agreed to with the community
- Increasing transparency in the budget process and giving a meaningful voice to residents on spending decisions
- Capitalizing on service-delivery proposals and spending efficiencies identified by the Vancouver Auditor General
- Improving accountability by having departments develop annual service plans with performance benchmarks and holding management accountable for achieving them
- Focusing on programs and services within its core mandate in the most efficient and effective way possible before carefully considering the provision of services outside its mandate
This is just the beginning - we will be releasing more details.