for Park Board
Passionate about parks.
James feels blessed to be living and working in such a beautiful city as Vancouver and wants to keep it livable. He will fight to keep development from encroaching upon parks and neighbourhoods.
What James will bring to Park Board:
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of virtually all of Vancouver’s parks.
- Bachelor of Arts degree at UBC majoring in Fine Arts with special emphasis on architecture, providing important background for park design and arts installations.
- Management experience as CEO of a worldwide entertainment production Vancouver-based company in continuous operation since 1983.
- Deep connections with theatre, music, art and dance organizations that produce many outdoor public experiences.
- CEO of three successful corporations (one non-profit), giving James a solid background in HR, project planning, customer relations, staff liaisons and financial responsibility.
- International recognition with music releases in over 30 countries, with travel affording him a close-up view of parks all around the world.
- Has operated business at locations throughout Vancouver, including the DTES, Strathcona, Gastown, Downtown, Yaletown, Marpole, Grandview Woodland, and Renfrew.
- All businesses operated by James strive to be zero waste and 100% recyclable.
- Director of a nonprofit arts organization since 2012 that acquired the assets of the Vancouver Playhouse Theatre Company and continues to supply nonprofits and schools with products and services at nonprofit rates
- James is passionate about parks: green, natural, beautiful parks providing much needed respite from city stresses.
- Outdoor activities including snowboarding, cycling, swimming, horseback riding.
- Cultural activities including theatre, concerts, dance, art, and sporting events.
There’s More to Life:
- James’ grandparents emigrated to Canada and worked hard to bring up a family and provide value to the city of Vancouver. His family includes noted pharmacists, physicians, attorneys, teachers, and publishers.
- James has been a member of Schara Tzedeck Synagogue and Jewish Community Centre since childhood and performs community services for seniors.
for Park Board