Meet Colleen Hardwick
Councillor Colleen Hardwick is TEAM for a Livable Vancouver's candidate for Mayor of the City of Vancouver. First elected to City Council in 2018, she is a strong leader who stands up and advocates for the people of Vancouver and causes she believes in. She has a depth of experience in the city’s business and arts communities, having founded three companies through her career.
A born-and-raised Vancouverite with deep roots here, Colleen loves this city and is dedicated to helping ensure that future generations can continue to live in an affordable, inclusive Vancouver.
At City Hall, working for residents
- Elected as Councillor in 2018 with 47,747 votes
- Had a motion passed requiring speakers to City Council to state whether they are Vancouver residents
- Was instrumental in bringing about an independent auditor for Vancouver
- Has repeatedly called for data underlying staff proposals
- Continues to raise awareness of the impact of rezonings on affordability
- Tabled a motion that, if passed, would have seen Vancouver electors vote on making a 2030 Olympic bid
In Her Community
- Appointed to the Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability in 2012
- Served from 2005 to 2008 on Vancouver’s Development Permit Board Advisory Panel
- Served on the Board of Trustees of the Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Served on the Board of the Urbanarium Society
- Bachelor's degree in geography from UBC
- Produced dozens of film and television projects throughout the 1990s and was named one of the thirteen most powerful people in the BC film industry in 1993
- Founded three companies including two tech startups: MovieSet in the digital media space and PlaceSpeak, an award-winning citizen engagement platform
- Was recognized with an Influential Women in Business award by BIV in 2009
- Has returned to UBC working toward a PhD in Applied Innovation
Below: Campaigning with her father in 1970; attending the 1984 Liberal Party of Canada leadership convention with her daughter; accepting TEAM mayoral nomination in 2022.
There's More to Life
- Third-generation elected representative of the City - her grandmother was the first woman Park Board Commissioner and her father was a three-term Alderman
- Married to BC Entertainment Hall of Fame actor Garry Chalk
- Has two grown daughters and two young grandchildren
- Lifetime member of Fairview Baptist Church in Kitsilano
- Can be found rollerblading the sea wall on sunny days when Council duties permit
Open this link to learn more about Colleen.