Parks & Recreation
Our Promise to You
A TEAM Park Board will protect, improve, and expand the neighbourhood parks, recreational facilities, and community centres. Clean and safe community spaces are vitally important to our health, well-being, and sense of community.
How We Will Get There
TEAM will support an independently elected Park Board by ensuring they have the required administrative structure and funding to properly manage the parks and recreation system. This includes re-establishing the Park Board's independent planning, operations, and maintenance resources. TEAM will be a strong advocate for protecting and enhancing the Park Board's parks and recreation system by:
- Keeping our parks, beaches, and green spaces beautiful, serene and safe by expanding and improving maintenance, garbage pickup, and ecologically sound management, actively enforcing bylaws, and increasing the number of park rangers and lifeguards
- Improving access and safety across parks and facilities while maintaining protection for wildlife in our urban context
- Assessing and planning for the impact of climate change on Vancouver's parks and recreation system, including our beaches and seawalls, and protecting and expanding the tree canopy across the city to provide shade and to support urban wildlife and ecology
- Advocating and planning for new parks and recreation facilities as our population grows, and ensuring the Park Board has independent planning, operations, equipment, and maintenance resources to do so
- Retaining, protecting, and upgrading the heritage facilities within the parks and recreation system
- Supporting local community centre associations and their roles in the joint operation of community centre facilities
This is just the beginning - we will be releasing more details.